5 Ways to Celebrate International Dog Day
Did you know that August 26th is International Dog Day? Not only is this a day to celebrate (or spoil) your pups, but it also encourages people to adopt pets from shelters.
To ensure you are celebrating International Dog Day the best way possible, here are five ways to celebrate:
- Volunteer at a local shelter. Shelters all around the globe are always in need of helping hands. Go online to find a shelter near you to get started.
- Donate to animal sanctuaries. Pet organizations such as Best Friends Animal Society are leading the path to a no-kill tomorrow. By donating to organizations such as Best Friends, you are helping animals across the United States. Visit https://bestfriends.org/ to learn more about their mission and how to donate.
- Spoil your dog(s). It’s International Dog Day, so make sure you celebrate your pups! Whether you take them to their favorite park, or shower them with treats all day, let your dogs know how much you appreciate them.
- Have a dog party! Invite all of your friends with pups to a dog park or your backyard and celebrate. You can theme the party with dog decorations, dog-friendly treats, and of course an abundance of toys the dogs can play with.
- Spread the word. The best way to get more people involved with International Dog Day is by telling them about it. An easy way to spread the word is to post pictures of your dog on social media with an International Dog Day hashtag.
If you love dogs, then you likely know a thing or two about pet hair woes. Our DR7 dryer was designed specifically with pet owners in mind. The Pet Plus™ cycle on the DR7 removes pet hair from your clothes and household items. That means from your nicest pair of pants to your comfiest leggings, you can be fur-free when you walk out the door.