If Socks Could Talk
After more than 110 years in the laundry industry, we’ve heard all kinds of laundry stories but the one story we hear about over and over again is…the case of the missing sock!
The dryer buzzes. You go and empty the clothes into a basket. You start folding the clothes and … *sigh* there’s a sock without a mate. How does this always seem to happen? There was a matching pair of socks when they went into the wash, then it’s suddenly missing!
Where do all the missing socks go?
That’s the million-dollar question, isn’t it? Well, there are a lot of theories out there…
- The washing machine or dryer is hungry and can’t help but eat your socks.
- There’s a sock monster who steals socks for fun — though no one has ever seen him.
- Witches and wizards take them to help free house elves in the Wizarding World. (Any Harry Potter fans?)
- There’s a Black Hole/Bermuda Triangle that’s just full of socks.
Of course, there are some theories out there that are a little more realistic — though not nearly as fun…
- Being light and small, socks easily fall out of the laundry basket without you noticing and disappear into your closet, under your bed, etc.
- Static causes your sock to stick to other items of clothing.
- The sock somehow slipped through the gasket or got left unnoticed in the washer/dryer.
Whatever you choose to believe, the fact is we’ve all experienced the mystery of the missing sock at one point or another.
Let’s solve the sock mystery together.
If you’ve got a good “missing sock” story, we’d love to hear it. Maybe the missing sock turned up months later. Maybe you’ve got some tips or tricks to prevent the evil sock monster from snatching your socks. Maybe it wasn’t an evil sock monster at all, but rather just family playing a funny prank on you. Whatever the case may be, we want to hear your missing sock stories.
Tell us what happened to your missing socks by….
- Visiting our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and sharing your stories.
- Tagging us on social using @SpeedQueenStrong and #SpeedQueenSockStories
We can’t wait to hear from you. Let’s solve the mystery of the missing sock together — or at least have a good laugh about it.